This all-day experience is the best way to visit two of the island’s most well-known attractions: the Bioluminescent Bay and El Yunque Rainforest.
Puerto Rico Zipline & El Yunque Hiking Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 7-12
Fly High Above the Canopy
The Zipline and El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Combo Tour is an opportunity to experience Puerto Rico’s National Rainforest in an exhilarating way.
For adventure seekers of all ages, soar through treetops and get a unique vantage point high above the forest floor. Feel at one with El Yunque’s natural diversity, lush foliage, and unique ecosystem. This tour is by far one of the best methods to view it all at canopy level!
The tour starts with a warm welcome from your tour guide at pick-up time in the lobby of your San Juan hotel. You will board your van for an approximate 45-minute drive, taking you along the Eastern Highway to the foothills of the Luquillo Mountain Range where you will reach the entrance of the El Yunque National Rainforest Park.
Once at the zipline location, the guides will help you with your gear, harness, helmet and hand gear in preparation for your aerial adventure. A short 10-minute walk in this amazing natural rainforest will bring you to the start of the excursion where you will be instructed on the zipline method.
The zipline adventure part of the tour consists of seven zipline platforms and one rappel station, each strategically located within the rainforest canopy. Double cables, each capable of withstanding 2,000 pounds of weight (the weight requirement for this tour truly has nothing to do with your weight, but instead with the size of the safety equipment) are used for ultimate safety.
All landing platforms are equipped with safety gear and handrails, and a guide will be there to help you land safely and move through the course.
Your zipline adventure begins with a jump from the first platform to the second, 150ft away. Midway through your zipline experience, you will reach a platform where you will be easily and safely rappelled down to another one to continue onto your next zipline.
The platforms are as high as 100ft into the canopy and as far apart as 465ft! Flying through the air surrounded by nature is the most exhilarating feeling you will ever encounter! And gazing over the different ecosystems of the El Yunque National Rainforest Park is not to be missed!
When you finish the zipline part of the tour you will continue with the guided hiking tour inside the El Yunque National Forest Park. On one of the trails is a majestic waterfall that you can explore!
Come and explore Puerto Rico’s beautiful rainforest on this exciting adventure! Space is limited, so advanced reservations are a must!
This tour includes:
- Round-trip transportation from your San Juan hotel
- Tour is approx. 8 hours (including transport): tour time may vary subject to traffic conditions.
- Includes all safety equipment and training.
- Restrooms and changing rooms available on site.
- Professional government-certified Guides. English and Spanish.
- Approx. 1.5 – 2 hours to complete the Canopy Zipline, 2 hours of transportation, 1 hour lunch and 3 in the forest park.
- Air-Conditioned vehicles
- If someone in your group would like to participate in the hike but does not want to zipline, they can buy a reduced-priced observer ticket!
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities are optional.
- Lunch and drinks
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.