This all-day experience is the best way to visit two of the island’s most well-known attractions: the Bioluminescent Bay and El Yunque Rainforest.
Puerto Rico Zipline & El Yunque Hiking Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 7-12
Fly High Above the Canopy
Soar through treetops and get a unique vantage point high above the forest floor. Feel at one with El Yunque’s natural diversity, lush foliage, and unique ecosystem. This tour is by far one of the best methods for adventure seekers to view it all!
Get adventurous and see something new and interesting! During this tour, we will venture to some of El Yunque’s hidden gems in an off the beaten path way.
Your initial hike is an approximate 30-minute journey on a river wading and rock scaling path to the river. This area is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. We will make a stop to visit a collecting pool that forms at the base of a small waterfall by the river. Here you will have the opportunity to swim on it’s crystal clear waters or jump from a rope, and enjoy the different tones of its deep pools. Greta for pictures!
The adventure finishes in a pool area, its best kept secret. After a few minutes of hiking and rock climbing (more advanced), arrive at a natural river where you can swim, cliff jump, and enjoy the natural water slides.
After this portion of the tour we will stop for a local lunch (food cost not included) before continuing to the zipline. However, in some occasions tour may start with the zipline instead.
Once at the Zipline location, the guides will help you with your gear, harness, helmet and hand gear in preparation for your aerial adventure. A short 10 minute walk in this amazing natural rainforest will bring you to the start of the excursion where you will be instructed on the zipline method.
The Zipline Adventure part of the tour consists of 7 Zipline platforms and 1 rappel station, each strategically located within the rainforest canopy. All landing platforms are equipped with safety gear and handrails, and a guide will be there to help you land safely and move through the course.
The platforms are as high as 100ft into the canopy and as far apart as 465ft! Flying through the air surrounded by nature is the most exhilarating feeling you will ever encounter! And gazing over the different ecosystems of the El Yunque National Rainforest Park is not to be missed!
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from your San Juan hotel
- Includes all safety equipment and training
- Professional Government Certified Guides. English and Spanish
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuities are optional
- Lunch and Drinks
- Your hotel lobby or selected San Juan location. (Exact pickup time details will be provided the day prior to the tour)
- Minimum of 8 persons required to operate the Zipline portion of the tour. There is a possibility of cancellation if minimum is not met.
- Total time on activity is approx. 10 hrs (including transportation and lunch stop). Tour time may vary subject to traffic conditions.
Safety Requirements and Limitations
- Maximum weight to participate 250 lbs (113 kg).
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails for long periods, and have balance to walk by uneven surfaces.
- Pregnant ladies, persons with previous injuries, back or knee problems or recent surgery, afraid of altitudes, other serious medical conditions cannot participate on this tour.
- Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. A Private tour would be the most appropriate option on these cases.
- On Saturdays the hike is longer and more challenging since we depart from a different point.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission – If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions, being disruptive or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- Wear bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing.
- Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work. No flip flops or open toe shoes allowed.
- Must have a good breakfast before departing on tour.
- This tour is subject to weather and river conditions. Subject to last minute cancellations. In the event cancellation we will offer other options, reschedule for the next day or provide refund.