During this Half Day activity you will begin with a leisurely drive towards the East side of Puerto Rico, as your guide shares stories and history about the towns along the way.
Private El Yunque Rainforest Tour
6 Hours of Customized Adventure • Up to 6 guests
- Private Includes up to 6 guests
The tour will begin with pickup directly at your location when staying in San Juan, Isla Verde, Rio Grande, Luquillo or Fajardo.
Get ready for a completely Off the Beaten Path experience where you will hike thru the forest while learning about it’s unique flora and fauna.
The Forest covers over 28,000 contiguous acres, with peaks, escarpments, myriad steams and waterfalls, and a lush green vegetation representing various forest types, it truly is a biodiversity paradise.
Initial hike is 30 minutes. During this time you will need to cross a river, climb steep areas with rocky and uneven terrain and climb rocks. You will then arrive to the first set of natural pools, perfect for refreshing! The group will later move to another area where you will need to climb rocks in order to reach it’s fun natural waterslides. Here you can also swing from a rope into the water (optional) or just taking a relaxing dip on it’s pristine waters.
After the hike, we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant (food cost not included).
This is a moderate to strenuous activity and may not be suitable for everyone. Please read entire description before confirming.
All tours leave from San Juan and Metro Area. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 7 hours for the entire experience. We’ll spend about 2hr driving, 1hr lunch, 3hr in the rainforest itself.
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, climb rocks, and have balance to walk by uneven surfaces.
- Pregnant ladies past their first trimester (or showing), persons with previous injuries, back or knee problems, recent surgery or other serious medical conditions cannot participate.
- Children must be 6 years or older and at least 60 lbs in order to participate.
- Wear bathing suit and comfortable clothes.
- Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing.
- Tennis, Sneakers or Hiking shoes are required (must be closed toe, no sandals). Shoes will get wet and muddy.
- Must have a good breakfast before departing on tour.
- Use of lifejacket and helmet is mandatory.
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated.
Lunch after the tour is not included.
If you cannot meet these requirements please book the version that visit’s the National Park (select from drop down menu).
For the entire description please visit our listing: El Yunque National Forest Half Day Tour.