This is one adventure not to be missed while in Puerto Rico! Join this fully-guided nighttime BioBay kayak adventure into one of the most amazing excursions of your life.
La Parguera Bio Bay Boat Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 3-12
See Bioluminescence on a La Parguera Bioluminescent Bay Tour
Discover la Parguera, a small fisherman village that has become very popular during the past years, located on the South West part of Puerto Rico.
Enjoy the lush mountain views, the Southern coastal area and appreciate the change of topography as we drive to Lajas.
Once we arrive will stop for an appetizer at one of the local restaurants.
We will then head out on the boat and cruise for about 20 minutes while passing by floating homes and enjoying the views. Initial stop is to visit a cay. Here you will have the opportunity to swim on its pristine waters and watch the sunset (during summer months).
Once dark we will move to another area where you will be able to experience the bioluminescence first hand. Our bilingual guides will explain the fragile ecology of the plants and animals of the bay, give interpretive star lectures, and then park the boat in an area of high bioluminescent concentration, giving visitors the chance to view the millions of glowing creatures. We are going to have time to swim in the BioBay.
- The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminoscity level can vary from very visible to minimum or none without any previous notice.
- Minimum of 4 participants is required in order to operate. There is a probability of cancellation 24-48 hours prior if the minimum is not met.
- All tours leave from San Juan. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 8.5 hours for the entire experience (2.5 hr driving each way, 1 hour for appetizers, 2 hours tour)
Safety Requirements and Limitations:
- Children must weight 50 lbs or more in order to participate on tour, and must be notified with anticipation in order to assign a car seat. Car seats are complimentary and subject to availability.
- Tour not suitable for persons with mobility issues, using wheelchair, walker or cane as you must climb into the boat from a narrow pier. If you get in the water, you must be able to climb a small boat ladder.
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated.
*Additional food and beverage costs
- Complimentary transportation provided from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location.
- Exact pickup time will be provided the day prior to the tour.