If you want to experience the culture and the gastronomy of Puerto Rico, nothing is better than making a trip to Guavate! Enjoy traditional dishes like: roast pork, BBQ ribs, rice and beans, “pasteles”, pavochón, Puerto Rican sweets and “piña colada”.
Puerto Rico Coffee Plantation Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
Calling All Coffee Lovers!
If you’re curious about the process of coffee production from harvest to cup then this tour is for you!
On this **all day adventure, you will visit a private coffee plantation, located in the highest mountains of Puerto Rico. Learn from professional coffee collectors as you walk by the field of Arabica beans and try your hand at picking the cherries (when in season).
When we arrive to the Hacienda you will be welcomed with a freshly brewed cup and delicious fresh fruits, before touring a coffee roasting plant where beans are processed, roasted and packed for commercial use. You’ll also get to:
• Learn about the history, growing process of coffee, and the flora and fauna of the area.
• See how coffee beans are picked (during the harvest months of October – January), processed, roasted and packed.
• Tour “the coffee vault”, where all the coffee is kept in a perfectly humidity-controlled room.
After the visit at the coffee plantation, we will continue to follow the old coffee trade and make a stop at the historical main center of Ponce, where you will get to have lunch and see on a drive thru important sites in downtown such as Ponce’s Cathedral, the Parque de Bombas (old firehouse) among others.
Our guides will share their knowledge on history, politics, geography and much more during the course of this interesting trip. By the end you will be a coffee connoisseur and will understand much more of Puerto Rico’s history through our coffee!
- Minimum amount of 4 participants required in order to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- All tours leave from San Juan. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 8 hours for the entire experience. We’ll spend about 2½-3 hours at the plantation and about 1.5-2 hours in Ponce (including lunch time) and 3 hours driving roundtrip.
What Is Not Included?
• Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated.
• Lunch cost in Ponce is not included.
If traveling with children from 0 – 6 years a car seat/ booster seat is required. Please notify at the moment of booking if you will be traveling with your own or require us to provide it. We can provide them complimentary, but need to be requested with anticipation.