If you want to experience the culture and the gastronomy of Puerto Rico, nothing is better than making a trip to Guavate! Enjoy traditional dishes like: roast pork, BBQ ribs, rice and beans, “pasteles”, pavochón, Puerto Rican sweets and “piña colada”.
Puerto Rico Coffee Plantation Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
Calling All Coffee Lovers!
If you’re curious about the process of coffee production from harvest to cup, then this Puerto Rico coffee plantation tour is for you!
On this eight-hour all-day adventure, you will first visit a private coffee plantation, Hacienda Pomarrosa, located in the highest mountains of Puerto Rico, that grows Arabica beans and learn from professional coffee collectors as you try your hand at picking the cherries. **
When we arrive at Hacienda Pomarrosa, enjoy a freshly brewed cup and delicious fresh fruits, before touring a coffee roasting plant where beans are processed, roasted and packed for commercial use.
You’ll also get to:
- Learn about the history, growing process of coffee, and the flora and fauna of the area.
- See how coffee beans are picked (during the harvest months of October – January), processed, roasted and packed.
- Tour “the coffee vault,” where all the coffee is kept in a perfectly humidity-controlled room.
After the visit at the coffee plantation, we will continue to follow the old coffee trade and make a stop at the historic main center of Ponce, where you will get to have lunch and see the important sites in downtown such as Ponce’s Cathedral and the Parque de Bombas (old firehouse) among others.
Our guides have a vast knowledge of history, politics, geography and much more to make this interpretative walk impressive and interesting. At the end of this one-of-a-kind tour, you will be a coffee connoisseur and will understand much more of Puerto Rico’s history through our coffee!
- All tours leave from San Juan. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 9 hours for the entire experience. We’ll spend about 2.5 to 3 hours at the plantation and about 2 hours in Ponce (including lunch time).
- If traveling with children from 0 – 6 years old, a car seat/booster seat is required. Please notify us at the moment of booking if you will be traveling with your own or require us to provide it. We can provide them complimentary but they need to be requested.
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated.
- Lunch at Ponce
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.