Discover heaven on earth at the island of Vieques! Bathe in the crystal clear water, go snorkeling to see marine life, and walk on one of Puerto Rico’s famous beaches.
Culebra Snorkeling Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
Go Snorkeling in the Turquoise Waters of Culebra
Experience snorkeling in the breathtaking, beautiful white sandy beaches and warm, turquoise waters of Culebra. At less than 20 miles off the northeast coast of Puerto Rico, this seven by five-mile island nests one of its finest natural reserves for marine flora and fauna.
After 45 minutes on our high-speed powerboat, we arrive at one of Culebra’s beautiful reefs and anchor for about an hour and a half of snorkeling. Depending on the water conditions our captain may take you to Luis Pena, Carlos Rosario, or Melones for your Culebra snorkeling tour.
Grab your snorkeling gear (provided with tour) after receiving the “101” on how to snorkel, and enjoy watching stingrays, starfishes, lobsters, coral reefs and colorful fishes, while being guided by our certified professional tour guides. The reefs are one of the most productive ecosystems on the planet, making them the perfect place to explore while either snorkeling or scuba diving.
After a brisk, exciting snorkeling session or a wonderful walk along the shore, get ready to have lunch, followed by relaxing time on the world-famous Flamenco Beach. Occasionally due to water conditions, we may choose Culebrita, Playa Tortuga or another beautiful beach that will be best to enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
For those that like to hike or take photos, Culebra’s Flamenco Beach has two old navy tanks that provide a lot of photographic opportunities.
Your Culebra Snorkeling Tour includes:
- Use of top-quality snorkeling equipment (mask & snorkel, fins & flotation devices)
- Thorough snorkel instruction and orientation for beginners
- Local in-season fruits, snacks, sandwiches, water, and soft drinks. Local beer is provided after the second stop.
- USCG licensed captain and professional snorkel guide.
- Ecological interpretation of the surroundings, marine life and history of Culebra.
Safety Requirements and Limitations:
- Pregnant women, persons with recent surgeries, back injuries and children under 5 years cannot participate on this tour.
- Weight limit per person is 300 pounds.
- Minimum amount of 8 participants required in order to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Be Advised that this tour travels through open water where, at times choppy seas may be encountered. If Captain find conditions not safe he may choose a different island/cay destination.
- Children should know how to swim.
- Recommended: Bring sunblock and towels.
- This tour does not arrive to a pier, you must swim in order to get to the shore.
- Child ticket has the same cost as adult, but needs to be specified upon booking.
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.