This all-day experience is the best way to visit two of the island’s most well-known attractions: the Bioluminescent Bay and El Yunque Rainforest.
El Yunque National Forest Half Day Tour
- Adult All Ages
Explore the Yunque!
Join us on this Exclusive and small group Half Day activity where you will discover the exotic flora and fauna of the El Yunque National Rainforest—one of the oldest forest reserves in the Western Hemisphere and the only Tropical Rainforest inside US National Forest System.
A leisurely drive takes you to the trailhead while your guide shares stories and history about the towns along the way. You’ll see tree orchids, giant ferns, bamboo trees, wild flowers, tropical hardwoods and spectacular waterfalls. Smell the mix of fragrances from beautiful flowers and fresh ginger growing along the trail… This is a true, tropical paradise in which the Taino Indians have resided and considered sacred for years.
During this educational tour you will make several stops along the Corridor, including:
El Portal Visitor Center – learn more in depth about this 28,000 contiguous acres rainforest which is home to more than 240 species of plants and wildlife. Enjoy interactive displays and a paved short trail.
Visit to La Coca Waterfall —a 85 feet (26 m) waterfall—that quickly comes into view with its magnificent drop down onto huge rock formations and a shallow-water pool. Perfect for picture opportunities!
Climb the Yokahú Observation Tower at 69 feet (21 m) tall spiral tower, where views are unobstructed and far-reaching. At this point you are 1,500 feet (457 m) above sea level and it is a great place to relax before our return to San Juan.
- Must have a good breakfast before departing, as this tour does not include stop to eat.
- Children must have purchased ticket regardless the age.
- Children 0-6 years must use car seats in order to participate on tour (can be provided complimentary if requested with anticipation, and is subject to availability).
- Depending on the group pace and schedule sometimes there might be a brief time to bathe on the river, bring bathing suit to your discretion in the event we are able to go. This stop cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum of 8 participants required in order for tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after receiving confirmation if the minimum is not met. In the event of this happening we will offer further options or full refund.
- The El Yunque National Forest Half Day tour is led by Bespoke Lifestyle Management, who operates under special use permit 4024-03 on the El Yunque National Forest and operates on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.