This all-day experience is the best way to visit two of the island’s most well-known attractions: the Bioluminescent Bay and El Yunque Rainforest.
El Yunque National Forest Half Day Tour
- Adult All Ages
Explore the Yunque!
During this Half Day activity you will begin with a leisurely drive towards the East side of Puerto Rico, as your guide shares stories and history about the towns along the way. Once at the trailhead, get ready to explore the exotic flora and fauna of the El Yunque Rainforest—one of the oldest forest reserves in the Western Hemisphere and the only Tropical Rainforest inside US National Forest System.
A stop at La Coca Falls—a 85 feet (26 m) waterfall—quickly comes into view with its magnificent drop down onto huge rock formations and a shallow-water pool. Perfect for picture opportunities!
Climb 98 spiral steps to the top of Yokahú Tower at 69 feet (21 m) tall, where views are unobstructed and far-reaching. At this point you are 1,500 feet (457 m) above sea level and it is a great place to relax before our return to San Juan. We will conclude with a visit at a short trail with waterfall.
- Must have a good breakfast before departing, as this tour does not include stop to eat.
- Children must have purchased ticket regardless the age.
- Children 0-6 years must use car seats in order to participate on tour (can be provided complimentary if requested with anticipation, and is subject to availability).
- Depending on the group pace and schedule there might be a brief time to bathe on the river, please bring bathing suit underneath in the event we are able to. This stop cannot be guaranteed.
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.