Visit Ponce, Puerto Rico on an exciting and informative tour that includes the Ponce Museum of Art, Tibes Ceremonial Indian Park, and more.
Old San Juan Historical Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 7-12
- Infant/Toddler Ages 0-6
Get to Know Old San Juan’s History
Get to know Old San Juan’s history and sights on this walking tour of the city! With an expert local guide, discover the neighborhood and learn about the powerful colonial influence.
Departing from the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista in Old San Juan, your local guide will take you on a two-hour walking tour along the Paseo de la Princesa (Princess Promenade) to the La Fortaleza, which is currently the official residence of the Governor of Puerto Rico.
Some sights you’ll see include:
- San Juan Gate (built in 1520 to guard the city from the harbor)
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro (fort built in 1539)
- Ballaja Barracks (built by the Spanish militia for housing in 1864)
- San Jose Church and Plaza
- La Casa Blanca
- El Convento Hotel
- Cathedral of San Juan Bautista
- Plaza del Quinto Centenario
- Felisa Rincón de Gautier Museum
Our Old San Juan historical tour ends at Hotel El Convento, adjacent to all the shops and restaurants. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions you have about additional sightseeing, dining or shopping plans.
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.