Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience in Puerto Rico! Kayak the Laguna Grande bio bay and see the bioluminescence up close and personal.
Vieques Snorkeling Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
Discover the Island of Vieques on a Snorkeling Tour
Take time to escape into a little piece of heaven, and discover the island of Vieques’ underwater paradise on our Vieques Snorkel and Beach Tour (departing from San Juan).
Our tours are designed for everyone from non-swimmers up to experienced divers. This is an experience suitable for anyone who wants to learn about the local marine environment and ecosystem, directly from expert guides. Our guides will always ensure your comfort, safety, and enjoyment.
On each tour, the leader will brief you on the site, explain what you can expect to see, how to avoid damaging this natural environment, and how to snorkel and look good doing it. Snorkeling is very easy and most people learn to relax and enjoy the experience quickly.
THE FAVORITE SNORKELING DESTINATION in Puerto Rico is the island of Vieques, with crystal clear waters, colorful reef formations, breathtaking marine life and away from the crowds! 21 miles long by eight miles wide, this beautiful island is ringed by secluded beaches with limited access (only by boat).
This “secret” spot away from the crowds means that the reef formations are unspoiled, the beaches are pristine and the sea life is truly the best that Puerto Rico has to offer.
Remember, for over half a century the island of Vieques and surrounding waters were off-limits to the public during the active naval military presence.
Today the area is under the guidance and protection of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, who controls and monitors the access and overfishing of this area, making Vieques the best place for snorkeling and diving!
AT THE TOP OF YOUR LIST. That’s where Vieques is placed for snorkeling tours in Puerto Rico! There are no rivers streaming silt into the waters of Vieques, so crystal clear waters dominate through the year. Come on this great Vieques snorkeling excursion and visit the true snorkeling mecca of Puerto Rico!
Because of our proximity to Vieques, it’s an easy 20-minute ride aboard our brand new custom dive and snorkel boat Fish Tank.
Our adventurers can snorkel among the many sea turtles, rays, tropical fish and even manatees that venture into the reef and beaches of Vieques.
Enjoy the real high-quality snorkeling experience that you are looking for, and feel the rush of what it’s like to be in a natural aquarium!
SNORKEL THE REEFS. We start with a “101” learning session and briefing before getting in the water about safety and snorkeling. Your guide will help you to identify the corals, marine life and where to snorkel to see the widest variety of sea life in our Caribbean reef gardens.
Once you feel comfortable with your gear and are ready to snorkel, one of our guides will take you to diverse parts of the reef and point out all the sea life. Of course, high-quality snorkeling gear and flotation devices are included on this remarkable beach and snorkel trip!
RELAX AT THE BEACH. After a brisk, exciting snorkeling session, get ready for a relaxing time on the beach, where you will experience one of the beaches that Vieques is famous for!
As you relax on a pristine, sandy beach, the view to the west is dominated by the mountains of the rainforest El Yunque rising up from the eastern coast of Puerto Rico. Meanwhile, the captain and crew will be serving a variety of local delights and treats all for your enjoyment!
Our tour includes:
- Use of top-quality snorkeling equipment (mask & snorkel, fins & flotation devices)
- Thorough snorkel instruction and orientation for beginners
- Local in-season fruits, snacks, water & soft drinks
- Hotel roundtrip transportation
- USCG licensed captain and professional snorkel guide
- Ecological interpretation about the surroundings, marine life and history of Vieques
Skill Level: Fun for the entire family
*Children should know how to swim, not suitable for children 5 years or younger.
- Bring sunblock and towels
- Gratuity is not included, but greatly appreciated
- Tour duration is 4 hours in water and 2.5 hours of driving.
- Operates on alternate days (we recommend booking this excursion with a minimum of 2 or 3 days in advance)
- Minimum amount of participants required in order to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- The Fish Tank Tour launch time: 1:30 p.m. and returns at 5 p.m. approx. to the Roosevelt Roads Marina, minutes away from the Fajardo area.
- Estimated pick-up time will be 11:30 a.m. and drop-off around 6:30 p.m. (to be confirmed depending on hotel location).
- Roundtrip transportation included from selected San Juan areas or most convenient meeting point based on your location. Exact pick-up time and location will be provided the day prior to the tour.