During this Half Day activity you will begin with a leisurely drive towards the East side of Puerto Rico, as your guide shares stories and history about the towns along the way.
Loíza Heritage Tour
- Private Price includes 2 People
Travel back in time an experience one of Puerto Rico’s heritage during this cultural tour of Loíza!
Discover Puerto Rico’s heritage, African roots and natural beauty on a private* tour that highlights local culture, and nature attractions. Learn about the Afro-culinary influence, and learn the traditional bomba dance and music.
Experience begins with a leisure drive thru Piñones coastal area, where your certified guide will share interesting and valuable information about the history and current role this area plays.
We will then venture further into Loíza, to enjoy the artistic creations of local plastic artists Samuel Lind and the Ayala Family. Here you will have a close up and personal tour led by the artist himself.
The journey continues with the rhythms and sensual movements of the Bomba, one of the traditional musical styles of Puerto Rico. Experience a unique and private bomba class by the beach, where you will be transported and the rhythm will take control. Bomba is the encounter and creative relationship between dancers, percussionists, and singers. Immerse yourself in this historic communal activity, passed from generation to generation, that still thrives in the town of Loíza.
We finish our trip with a taste of Loiza’s unique gastronomic delicacies. You will have an opportunity for a quick bite of Piñones’ famous local fritters (do not miss on an “alcapurria” or “bacalaíto”) or seafood salads.
This tour includes:
- Visit to artist’s studio
- Private bomba lesson at the beach
- Bottles of water
What Is Not Included:
- Food and beverage costs
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated
- Tour starting time and order of stops will vary depending on day of the week. Monday – Friday tours begin with pick up at 12:30pm approximately, Saturday & Sunday at 9:00am approximately.
- Tour can be private or semi private (small group), depending on how it was booked.
- Minimum of 4 persons required for tour to take place (unless booking Private). There is a possibility of cancellation if the minimum amount of participants is not met.
- Children 3 years and under are free. Children 6 years or younger are required to use car seat / booster seat. We can provide them at no extra cost, must be requested upon making the reservation. Same day requests will not be accepted.
- Tour can be extended at an additional cost of $75.00 – $175.00 per hour depending on group size (for a full lunch break or beach time). Must be requested with anticipation. Same day requests will not be accepted.